Do you wonder why, even though you are on thyroid medication, you still suffer with all of the symptoms of your thyroid condition? Or maybe initially you felt better on your thyroid medication until all the symptoms started to come back? Here are eight reasons why you are still suffering…
1. The cause of your thyroid condition could be coming from your gut. Everybody knows about TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) “My doctor says my TSH is too high.” “My doctor said my TSH is too low.” TSH this and TSH that-but are you aware that in order for TSH to be released form the brain you need adequate amounts of two very important neurotransmitters Serotonine and Dopamine? And guess where these are made? The gut! So, bad gut= bad thyroid.
2. The cause of your thyroid problem could be coming from your adrenal glands. These are your stress glands. When they are overtaxed they emit, in high amounts, a hormone called cortisol. High Cortisol is the arch-enemy to your thyroid function.
3. The cause of your thyroid problem is a faulty immune system. The number one reason for under-active thyroid is a condition in which your immune system is mistakenly attacking the gland. This is called Hasimotos thyroiditis. It is estimated that 70-80% of thyroid patients have this but few know it because the doctor doesn’t check for it.
4. Most doctors look at T4 as the main hormone when in actuality T3 is the active form of the hormone! Most doctors don’t even check for T3 on the blood work.
5. Most hormone replacement medications are NOT T3 but are T4 and your doctor is assuming it gets converted to T3 in the body. This isn’t always the case.
6. Estrogen dominance is something that almost all women suffer from for many reasons. When there is not enough progesterone in the body to balance your estrogens your thyroid will not function properly.
7. Doctors always follow lab ranges. Lab ranges are determined by who has been to the lab in the last year. What kind of people go to labs sick or healthy? Sick for the most part. When your doctor is making a determination on whether you have a problem or not he or she is comparing you to the average sick American. That’s crazy! We use functional ranges in which health exists. This is why so many are told they are OK when they really are not OK.
8. The medical approach to the thyroid dilemma is over simplistic. It looks at only one piece of the puzzle. It is a model that has not changed since 1961. In all my years of practice I have not seen one endocrinologist check for any of the things mentioned above.
I am here to tell you that there is another way!
If you’re tired of dealing with this problem and you are worried about it getting worse, request my free video to learn how your thyroid problem may be helped.
BETTER YET, GET EXCLUSIVE ACCESS TO DR. KELENYI’S THYROID SOLUTIONS WORKSHOP IN OUR GLEN ELLYN OFFICE FOR FREE BY COMPLETING THE WEB FORM BELOW!
OUR NEXT THYROID SEMINAR WILL BE HELD TUESDAY AT 5:30PM.
Seating strictly limited and fill up fast. Call 630-858-9900 now to reserve your seat.
Receive Dr. Kelenyi’s newest full length video for FREE and register for the Thyroid Solutions Workshop by completing the form below.